Ocwen TCPA Class Action Lawsuit
- A class action lawsuit was filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois claiming that Ocwen violated the TCPA
- The case is entitled Snyder, et al., v. Ocwen Loan Servicing and is listed as case number 1:14-cv-08461 (N.D. Ill.)
- All claim forms must be filed before 2/19/18 in order to receive a slice of the 17.5 million dollar settlement pie
OcwenTCPASettlement.com is managed by Epic Systems Inc. Class members in the case are defined as anyone in the United States who received a bothersome call from Ocwen between October 27, 2010 and October 6, 2019 and that call made use of Ocwen’s Aspect dialing system. Experts close to the Ocwen Loan Servicing TCPA Class Action Lawsuit estimate that more than 1.6 million phone numbers were dialed using this robot system.
According to the class members Ocwen violated the TCPA by using an automatic telephone dialing system to call cell phones without gaining prior expressed consent of the customers. Ocwen denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a 17 million dollar settlement pool in order to avoid further litigation.
- Experts close to the case predict each class member who files a valid claim will receive $60 (this amount may be more depending on how many class members file claims)
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around April 5, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. CST to discuss if the 17.5 million dollar settlement is fair and reasonable
- Claims can be filed by US Mail or online
- In order to file a Ocwen TCPA claim online the claimant will need the Unique ID from the Claim Package
- All exclusions and objections to the settlement must be in by February 19, 2019
Ocwen Loan Servicing TCPA Class Action Lawsuit Contact
- Mail: Ocwen TCPA Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 3775, Portland, OR 97208-3775
- Phone: 1-888-723-1549 (Toll-Free)- Call Center Hours: 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. PST – Monday – Friday except Holidays